Montmartre is a 130 meters high hill located in the north of Paris. It presents one of the best views of the city. At it’s summit is an 1912-built white domed church Basilica, du sacre-Coeur which is visited by millions each year.
I went up the mountain by bus and descended by a funicular railroad (an elevator of sorts)
Things to do at Montmartre:
1. Visit the church on it’s summit. You can light a candle in the church for about 2 Euros if you’d like.
2. A visit to Musée de Montmartre, where famous artists once lived and painted.
3. A trip to the Montmartre Cemetery to view the graves of several famous artists.
4. A night out in the many clubs available. It’s vibrant night life has existed throughout the ages.
5. Shopping at the foot of montmarte. There are several budget shops where you can buy a variety of souvenirs.